Business executives around the world say their understanding of the universe of strategic risk is changing. Our survey of 300 major international and 234 local companies reveals how.
- Strategic risk is an area of major focus: 81% of surveyed companies now have an explicit focus on managing strategic risks.
- Reputation is cited as the #1 risk – not just overall, but for most individual industry sectors.
- Strategic risk management is a CEO and board-level priority. Two thirds (67%) of the surveyed companies say the CEO, board or board risk committee has oversight when it comes to managing strategic risk.
- Technology enablers and disrupters, such as social, mobile, and big data, could threaten established business models, and 91% of companies surveyed have changed their business strategies since those technologies began to emerge.
- Human capital and innovation pipeline are expected to be the top strategic assets that businesses will need to invest in.
Very interesting report from Deloitte on strategic risk. Page 13 has a graphic highlighting the enablers and disruptors that most companies fear, social media near the top for Europe.
See on www.deloitte.com